Thursday 16 April 2015

Learning to live again

Fiona is realising that there is hope and that life will continue following the death of her precious Manaia: 


After having the worst possible two weeks since Manaia passed away, I saw something that I believe was Manaia telling me that he was okay. And that I'll be okay. 

I know that the journey of grief is never ending and I'm only 3 months into mine.

Whether you've lost a child through miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death, you will always carry that loss with you, no matter where you go.

What I've learnt so far in this journey is that although the darkness seems overwhelming and at times it feels as if the grief will consume you, you we will get through this.


The sun in all its glory will rise again and again. You will learn to live alongside the grief and with time the grief will take a minor place in your heart. You will learn to live again, to love again, to laugh again and one day you will once again feel true happiness, just like you did before your loss. For you and I that day may not be today but every day that passes, each day you survive, is one day closer to all those wonderful things.


And if you are just beginning this journey remember that you are not alone, you are never alone. There are so many wonderful resources for support, never be afraid to ask for help. 
Fiona

If you require support after reading this blog please contact
Sands on 13 000 72637 

Fiona Mataafa

My name is Fiona and I am a 23 year old first time mother who lost my only child, my 4 month old son Manaia, after 128 days in NICU. I reside in Victoria with my partner Charlie. I hope by sharing my experiences as a bereaved parent that I'm able to, in some way, bring peace and comfort to others going through the heartbreak of child loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment